Friday, August 01, 2008

My "plentieth" birthday...



Lest you think that nothing has happened here the last few weeks, here's a little update. We've had H & J's birthday parties and then a week later mine. After planning for two shindigs I wasn't really in the mood to create more work. I had a few ladies over to help celebrate, got a few phone calls (missed a few), and a few emails which brightened up my day. One email from my cousin congratulated me on my "plentieth" birthday. I thought that was really cute. Let's not worry about details... like numbers... I had previously received some money for a bird feeder from my Mom and Dad & so I finally went out and bought something to attract the birds. I moved my hummingbird feeder to the clothesline in the hopes that our "wonderful" cat will not scare them aware there. I really think birds are a lot more fun than cats but our "H" is very defensive when we talk negatively about Milo. Let's hope the birds are brave enough to defy our little predator... The other picture is of a gift the family gave me, a portable fireplace. This way we can have smaller fires closer to the house - instead of out in the back behind the fence. I'm looking forward to having it put together and using it. I also rec'd a gift certificate for a pedicure - but I will spare you the photos of my nice looking feet & pretty nail polish. Can't wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Corrie: I missed talking to you on the phone, however this fills me in somewhat on your "plentieth" birthday,...nice photos. I would not have come up with "plentieth" but I guess that goes for me as well. We don't want to discuss age when we get where we are, so true!! But, we are as old as we feel, and most times that's 25!!
Love, sis Gerry