Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's New?

Well it's been a while since I last posted. I don't have any photos to upload but that doesn't mean there isn't anything to write about. Since returning from our trip to Ontario the kids enjoyed the Western Washington Fair. Hannah was enrolled in a few 4H projects and that kept her coming back most days. I tried not to go unless I had to - things don't change much from year to year. I must say it is fun meeting people, looking through the entries and watching shows. After the week was over Jocelyn went to Police Academy in Sunnyside, WA. We opted to pick her up so we could spend Sunday together and attend worship services at the URC in Sunnyside. The following week was also the last week of work for me at the campaign office as Paul did not make it through the primaries. He set up a non-profit organization and I'm able to spend a few hours still working. The following week Lorelle drove her car to Iowa with Dad. She's hoping she'll be able to find part-time work there while she's in school & we keep praying that something will fall into place. There are a couple rest homes where she can use her experience as NAC - hopefully there is a need. The following week our younger kids went back to school. It's now the second week of school, it's raining, and it certainly doesn't feel like it's still August!! Here's hoping for a little "Indian Summer" as we called it growing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you've all been quite busy since your last post. Time for routine again, even though that means summer holidays are over. We're having a very HOT week here! Then back to school next week.
Greetings to everyone.
Lorraine.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Lorelle went back to Iowa until yesterday. Yes, it is a HOT week. Supposed to cool off for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it, so I can spend some time outdoors. Greetings to all. Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again...
All is well with me, had a busy work week, a couple days babysitting, and a couple days helping out at Ed's. Variety is the spice of life, I enjoy that!
Hi to the rest of the gang.

Love, Gerry

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again...
All is well with me, had a busy work week, a couple days babysitting, and a couple days helping out at Ed's. Variety is the spice of life, I enjoy that!
Hi to the rest of the gang.

Love, Gerry