Monday, July 13, 2009

Who took the batteries out of my camera?


I won't have many photos to add to this post as each time I picked up my camera to take a picture I found there were no batteries inside!! I broke down and bought rechargeable batteries for my camera and made the mistake of telling the kids. They have a few books on CD they are listening to on the "walkman" so they took the liberty of using my batteries and not returning them.

This past week has been busy with lots of visiting and kid watching. On Tuesday a little 14 month foster girl was added to our household for a week. This is just for respite - a foster family went away on vacation and needed someone to take her. On Wednesday we had friends from Australia over for a BBQ as well as a birthday celebration for Hannah and her friends. It wasn't the warmest day so the hot tub was the perfect place to hang out together. Her birthday was a week later but she will be away to Stepping Stones Bible Camp this week so we decided to celebrate early.

On Thursday we had our friend's 2 year old come for a couple nights as his parents were in California. On Saturday morning we went out for breakfast with my sister & hubby from Ontario and hung out for the morning at our house. They came for a very quick three day trip to attend a nephew's wedding. They were gone maybe half an hour and Henry's cousin from Manitoba arrived & stayed till the following afternoon. We ended up going boating on the lake that evening & staying till sunset. That was a lot of visiting and I went to bed early Sunday evening because I was tired and it was fairly boring without guests to talk with :) I'm off this morning to bring Hannah to camp and then out for lunch with a group of ladies for a 40th birthday celebration!! This week looks to be quieter so I'm hoping to catch up on some inside-and-outside-the-house work!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little guy)s, Corrie!! Sounds like a lot of fun by all, and busy too...you need a break now, from all the business. Hopefully, for you, a slower pace this week.

Love, Gerry

Anonymous said...

That was a fun visit. Way too short but worth the trip to Lynden. Can't believe it's been a week ago already! (The ripstick is being used a lot!) Happy birthday to Hannah!
All the best to everyone.
Lorraine.