Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I'm reading...


Not a lot of news to report from our home. I've been reading some good books... I finished Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton - a story about the history of South Africa. Interesting but sad... "H"s class did presentations on various countries this past Friday - with displays, maps, power points, music and food to make it come alive. H and her friend did South Africa so we both learned about this country together.

I am also reading some children's literature - which it nothing out of the ordinary since I volunteer at our school library. I really enjoy reading books geared towards the elementary grades (not sure what that says about me...) Several of our school librarians (including me) are registered to attend an Author's Conference at Western Washington University. I am really looking forward to it since I was not able to attend last year. The authors that will be speaking there are Pam Munoz Ryan (When Marian Sang), Sara Pennypacker (Clementine), Joan Bauer (Hope Was Here) and Brian Selznick (The Invention of Hugo Cabret). I do not recommend the Clementine books - they remind me of Amelia Bedelia, except she has a very bad attitude...

No comments: