Friday, February 27, 2009

Hello and Good-bye...

Just a quick update on how my week's been going. I enjoyed a great training on Tuesday - part of the requirements for re-licensing for foster parenting. We are required to complete 36 hours of training in a 3 year period. My license was supposed to be renewed last June & the licensor finally made an appt. with me last week. I was reminded that I was not in compliance with the training hour requirements & if I wanted to continue being a foster care provider I should fix that. So I chose a course called "Helping Children Manage Grief and Loss". I wasn't looking forward to it as most of these classes are not taught from a Christian perspective - a little like suffering through a Psychology course in college. But this class was well worth my time. It was taught by a Pastor and long time Counsellor. He was quite interesting and entertaining to listen to and shared a wealth of information on child psychology as it relates to foster and adoption issues. He is a national speaker and author (Fire Spitters - Gary Benton).

This week was a very short school week as Thursday and Friday were off for our mid-winter break. And, let me tell you it is still winter around here. The forecast was calling for snow on Wednesday but I figured that meant a little bit of white stuff with the rain that was already coming down. By midday, as I was helping with hot lunch at school it indeed looked like it would be staying. It became much colder by evening and the snow kept coming down - enough to close some schools and cause others to begin late the next morning. Ours was already scheduled off so we just enjoyed a relaxing morning while we watched the pretty white stuff outside. This also gave me time to prepare for a short trip we had planned. Henry is attending a convention put on by one of their work suppliers and so I have the opportunity to go to Phoenix AZ with him. (twist my arm... okay I'll come with!) My suitcase is packed - shorts, swimsuit, suntan lotion... you get the picture. I'm looking forward to warmer weather & I'll tell you more about it later and possibly share some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, Henry and Corrie, it should make your winter a wee bit shorter. Bring the sun-shine and warmer temperature back, eh? And send it our way too!!
sis, Gerry