Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bits of wisdom....

I want to share some profound bits of wisdom which I was reading in Normal Kingdom Business by Andree Seu. I just love her candid style of writing - she has a wonderful way of making you think deeper about everyday life. Here's a few that I thought were especially worthy of contemplating...

1. When I have no intention of obeying a Bible command, I say it's not meant to be taken literally.
2. A lot of what I thought was my personality was just sin.
3. Living in regret of the past, or fear of the future, are two ways of not living at all.
4. Talent is good, but faithfulness is better.
5. If you wait for better times to "Rejoice in the Lord" you will never do it.
6. Praising and thanking God all day long are the only cure I've found for depression.
7. If you're not dead yet there is still time to repent.
8. The longer I live the truer the Bible gets.

These are only a few that really spoke to me. If you want to read more you'll have to buy the book....

Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Corrie,
I had to ponder awhile as I read these few points. Sounds like a good book; probably hard to focus, but we could learn a thing or two.
Love, Gerry