Friday, June 20, 2008

At last....a clothesline! Thanks Dad!


I don't usually air my laundry for all the internet folks to see but this one is special. Here's a photo of my new clothesline which my Dad made while he was visiting. We talked for many years about making something to hang clothes outside but just couldn't agree on where and how. My parents couldn't quite get over my hanging clothes on the front porch railing and over outside chairs & talked us through how to construct an actual clothesline in our back yard. This morning I hung up my first load - it worked wonderfully. I look forward to taking off fresh white laundry this afternoon. P.S. For those of you thinking it looks like it's hanging a bit low - we fixed that. Just a little tightening & a small purchase at the hardware store & there's no sag...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your new (and FIRST!!) clothesline!! What an invention eh? Now all the kids will fight over who's turn it is to hang up the clothes! Right!!
Lorraine.