Saturday, February 02, 2008

Another week...

This week brought an unexpected snowstorm - it was a pleasure this past Tuesday to wake up to realize we could all go back to sleep because school was cancelled!! The snow didn't stop the kids from hopping on the four-wheeler to pick up a few friends that live close by. The next day it was snowy but school was not cancelled - lots of long faces at the breakfast table.

My normal weekly routine would include Wednesday working in the school library but it was my day off. Instead, I volunteered to teach art to Miss K.'s 3/4 class on Thursday. The kids all managed to draw a rather handsome penguin that closely resembled the example I had given. I love this age group!

This past Friday evening we finally managed to have family photos taken as well as individuals. It had been several years since I'd purchased school photos or had a family picture taken. I now understand why - my least favorite thing to do. The following day (Saturday) Henry and I were booked to take a CPR/First Aid Training Class so we could be recertified. DSHS requires this certification to be a licensed foster care provider. We now remember what we learned 2 years ago. We hope we won't need to use it but are more confident we could respond if we had to.

Have a blessed Sunday & enjoy your day of rest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah snow days are great! We had 2 snow days last week too and we're supposed to get another storm tonight. Maybe we'll have another holiday tomorrow!!!
Have a good week.
Aunt Lorraine.

Anonymous said...

Hi again, a bit later to comment, by a week, but the weather is still blustery and cold, (Sunday,10th Feb.), we will grin and bear the winter awhile yet. But, spring is coming...sometime!! Have a good week, love GERRY (aunt)

Anonymous said...

We need snow too! All we get is ice. :(

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii!

See you sometime in April, I hope.

Ellen Davis