Monday, October 08, 2012

Check it off the bucket list!!!





So here's a few snaps from this past weekend.  I've been running since 2010 when Jocelyn's senior project was to organized a 6K Run and to prepare for a half marathon.  She inspired me to get off the couch & join her in running & ever since then I've tried to get out and run at least once a week.  This past year I've tried to up it from my usual 1 mile run - and prepare for a half marathon (13.1 mile).  I must admit that was a lofty goal.  As I figured would happen I did not have enough time to properly prepare - running 6 miles sounded very impressive until I realized that it was under half of what I'd signed up to do when I registered for "Run Like A Girl" earlier in the year.  Regardless, I ran the course and it's checked off my bucket list.  I'm taking it pretty easy these last few days - not by choice either....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Corrie! I didn't think you had it in you, to run like that. I think I would rather look on @ over 50! Besides, it wouldn't be wise of me to start :)

sis Gerry

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed Corrie. To the mailbox and back for me maybe. I'll try tomorrow and let you know how I make out. I walk for an hour once a week.
love, mom