Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I'm reading...

Just thought I'd share some books I've read in the last few weeks/months and some I plan to read soon. I just finished a book by Charles Martin entitled "The Dead Don't Dance". I've read a number of his books in the last year including "When crickets cry". Here's a piece of someone's review on this book that sums it up quite nicely "a work of southern fiction, drenched with spiritual lessons, yet not one sermon is ever preached". That is the style of this author - most of his books take place in the south and indeed the above applies to my latest read as well. I would say that the first book I read from this author "Chasing Fireflies" is still my favorite.

I also took some books out of our church library today. The first is entitled "Is Christianity Good for the World" - a debate between an atheist and a reformed pastor. The DVD based on this book is called "Collision" and our church hosted an evening where people could watch it together. Very informative - we'll see how the book reads.

The last book I have is called "The Life of Pi". This book I attempted to read a few years ago & could not get into. I've been told it's a good read so I'll attempt once more to get through it. Hopefully I can give you a great recommendation in a few weeks. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got to read 'Life of Pi' right through to the end. I thought it was so-so until pretty much the last few chapters - some things happen/are revealed that change everything...very neat.