Monday, March 30, 2009

Mass Band





This past week just flew by. I've been busy getting ready for our mass band guests, making sure there's food in the house & beds and rooms are ready. The group from Winnipeg arrived last Thursday and all of them are staying on this side of the border. We have two young girls staying with us - they're quieter than we're used to but they're slowly becoming a bit more talkative.

We hosted a welcome dinner at our school on Thursday and then had a volleyball & basketball competition afterwards. The kids were grouped into teams which included both schools as a way to get to know each other better. I think they had a lot of fun. They spent Friday practicing together with the 5 schools in Langley. On Saturday they went out together as "tourists". J had to work so she did not join them. Our church service was fuller than usual & we enjoyed a potluck lunch with whoever wanted to stay between services. Today is the last practice before their Mass Band Performance in Surrey tonight. We're looking forward to it!!

I made sure to include some photos of my garden. After my negative post last week I felt I needed to show something a bit brighter. We've had a few sunny days and I made sure to go outside & work in the garden a bit. Here's some of what's up in my bulb garden where I was able to sit and enjoy the sunshine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I guess it helps to share your feelings...the sun did make it your way. This week starts here without much sun, and rather cold yesterday and today. Better days ahead!! Nice start on your flower-beds, Corrie.
Have a good week.
sis, Gerry

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! The flowers here are not that far yet. They're starting to poke through...
Happy gardening!
Lor.

Anonymous said...

well, spring does have a way of lifting the spirits.

it's nice to see that you're still posting!

Sarah F