Friday, January 23, 2009

This and that...

This past week has been busy. A couple weeks ago I committed to taking two little ones from a foster family (respite care). I have a 3 yo girl and an 8 month little boy until Sunday. We were all quite excited since we've done this before and really enjoyed it. The little girl is a cutie - far too wise for her years. She was sitting at the kitchen table and glanced at the local paper that was sitting there. She pipes up in her tiny voice, "Hey, that's Bawack Obama". I was so shocked that I laughed out loud. She knows all the "social worker world" lingo - quite sad that she has no "forever family". The little baby however, has not proven to be that much fun. The last words of the foster mom who dropped him off was "he's the easiest kid I've ever had". Well, he must be either sick or really not happy with this change in his life because he cries about almost everything. This is when I feel I'm just too old to keep doing this.... Well, tomorrow is a new day and let's hope he feels a bit happier!! And, by the way, this is all happening while hubby and L are off to Iowa checking out a possible college for next year! Talk about bad timing...

No comments: