Monday, November 10, 2008

Who's stealing my library books?

So, my van is very clean and I know exactly what's underneath my living room couches and chairs... And it did not produce the library book that our friendly librarian has told us is overdue. And this is not the first one to disappear. To make problems worse, there's a good chance in our small town that the same librarian who frowned at me last month for losing a video will probably look at me with an assuming look when I report this one. And if you know me, I'm not really a messy sort of person. For the most part, I know where my things are located... There are, however, a few bedrooms to go looking through. I have a few less-than particular children - at least when it comes to bedrooms. I am NOT going through hurricane alley some kids call their bedroom. So, I will take my wallet, and humbly and quietly go to the library and make things right. And I really don't care what she thinks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand that books disappear sometimes. But I lent out my juicer, 3 big stackable pans in a large box. I'm waiting for it to re-appear on my doorstep some day. Haven't seen it since July and can't remember who borrowed it. Becoming a senior has its advantages, but that's not one of them. mom

Anonymous said...

I think I've met that lady myself a few times!

I had to laugh at Hannah this morning. She had her nose in her book for the short walk from the car to the school - gotta love that reading!