Sunday, September 21, 2008

A few good books...



Well, it's been a while since I've posted. Not a lot to report since last time - the weather's been nice up until just recently. It definitely feels like fall when it rains all day. I'm hoping it's not the beginning of winter :( which means a LOT more rain.

The last month or so I've found time to finish several books that I think are worthy of sharing with you. The first one I read is titled "The Kite Runner" and the second is from the same author "A Thousand Splendid Suns". It sure opened my eyes to the plight of those living in Afghanistan. There were times that I just couldn't absorb the sadness and hopelessness and I wanted to just put the book away. But I guess closing my eyes is not a wise choice and when I was done I was even more thankful that we live in a country that is free and respects all human beings as equal. It is unimaginable that God's word has been so twisted and added to that these people can justify the treatment of women (and human beings in general) in such a horrible way. I gained much in understanding the history and racial & ethnic fighting in this country but honestly can say it's hard to really grasp it all.

No comments: