Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pitt Lake

This past weekend was a beautiful one - very warm & sunny. We planted most of our veggie garden - at least what would fit. I had to hold myself back from making it larger - I get excited & forget what it takes to weed, harvest & freeze things. It started out as a small patch with just enough to eat from during the summer - but I'm afraid it grew larger!

This past Monday Jocelyn left with her Gr. 9/10 class to stay over at the Elk's Camp in Aldergrove. They made day trips from there. I drove them to camp on Monday & they went Geo Caching at the park that day. I went up Tuesday morning to drive them to Pitt Lake (BC). It started out quite rainy & cold but it got better. We had a beautiful canoe trip to a place where we hiked to an amazing falls. A few girls had very long faces & little energy to canoe & hike, but amazingly found lots of energy to stay up late to sneak out to the boys' cabin... I must say, the hike was not an easy one with many areas totally covered with mud & water from the quick melt this past weekend & from the high levels of snow from the winter. My body is feeling the extra physical activity & I took a friend's advice - a long hot bath with a glass of red wine... ahhhh.....

No comments: